- Ain’t Never Going Down
- Black Hole or Star
- You Can’t Help Who You Fall in Love With
- Timeout Number 5
- The Day I Fell In Love With You
- If You Leave Me
- Another Love Lost
- Can’t Take The Blues No More
- Cutting Edge Elevator Music
- Excess Blues
- Long Cold Winter
- Tears Of Rain
- One More Little Kiss
- Parting Of The Waves
- These Things Will Never Change
1. Lost And Found 2. My Brother Just Calls Me Joe 3. Your Own Man 4. Wisdom Lost 5. Timeout Number Four 6. The King Of Melancholy 7. Words For The Blue 8. Falling Out With Falling In Love 9. Floating In The Air 10. Wasted Talent
1. Faith – George Michael
I wanted to honour George Michael someway and Listen Without Prejudice Vol 1, boy the songs on that album are tough to play. I think they are written in all funny chords, so I ended up with Faith, which was great to play in the end and catchier than I remember!
2. Subterranean Homesick Blues – Bob Dylan
The famous song where he throws away words (on the video). I don’t know how I nailed it but I did. There’s also a bit of variation on the strumming which sounds good.
3. Don’t Look Back In Anger – Oasis
I decided to stick to the original for tthis cover, as I change Wonderwall quite a bit, so wanted to stay true to the song 😐
4. Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers
Love this song. I only heard it through talent competitions but wanted to cover it. I don’t go too mad on the ‘I know, I know’ bit for obvious reasons..everyone does! Nice song to sing to though.
5. Karma Police – Radiohead
Just about pull this off. It suits my style and I love the lyrics.. Buzzing like a detuned radio and her hitler hairdo.. brilliant.
6. Masters Of War – Bob Dylan
Fast becoming my favourite Dylan song. It never gets boring. I switch between the Eddie Vedder melody and Bob’s. Can’t beat a nice long dylan song. No chorus too..like that Bob.
7. The House Of The Rising Sun – The Animals
Under-rated band, and Dylan covered this so I wanted to too. The way I hold the notes wasn’t planned, it just came out that way on the first take!
8. On A Plain – Nirvana
Nirvana being my favourite band, I had to put a few songs in again. This is quite hard but I’ve been playing it for years so was quite easy! 🙂 Having never been taught properly I don’t grip the neck of the guitar properly for bar chords so my hand gets tired quickly. Thats why the end of the song turns virually reggae!
9. Don’t Worry Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin
Not much to say here, great song, did a slow then fast version, grouped the verses together, and sang it badly haha.
10. Lucy in The Sky With Diamonds – The Beatles
The old Beatles song from SPLHCB. Great song.. can’t believe I can sing that high! All one take!
11. Serve The Servants – Nirvana
Kurt Cobains catalogue is awesome. This is one of my fave songs I love the backwards sounding riff on the original. On this version I try my best, theres quite a switch up between chorus and verse which is hard to do. Didn’t realise this.
12. Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen
Great song, my Dad loved Leonard Cohen. I was virtually in tears by the last verse but when I played it back you can hardly tell. Really strange how some emotions aren’t captured! ‘And even though it all went wrong I’ll stand before the Lord of song’.
13. Wonderwall – Oasis
I chop this song up into 3. Unintentionally, its just the way it came out. Very pleased with the results, just made it up as I went along and tried to do a different version.
14. Coming In From The Cold – Bob Marley
Crossing over reggae to acoustic doesn’t always work, but this song went ok. I actually think this should have been on LEGEND. Fantastic song. It’s like a football anthem!
15. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door – Bob Dylan
We all know this from various versions. Bit of a filler song for me.
16. Dumb – Nirvana
I change the melody on this to great effect. Love the song.
17. It Takes A Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry – Bob Dylan
Harder than it sounds but I love it. Has one of my fave lines in a song ever. ‘I’ve been up all night, leaning on the windowsill’ Sounds like he was going to say something really important but no, just lazing around.
18. Columbia – Oasis
19. Nothing Compares To U – Sinead O’Connor
This is one of my favourite songs so I had to cover it because its really sad and that’s my style. Haha. Seriously though, one of my fave tracks on the album, nailed it on the second take.
20. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 – Bob Dylan
Great song and easy to play.. a lot of words though as usual from Bob.
- Slacker 2. Star Train 3. So Pray 4. A Friend Like This 5. Anywhere But Hell 6. Don’t Change 7. Lonely Heart In My Soul 8. Chill Pill 9. Breaking My Own Heart 10. Help A Brother Help A Sister (this Christmas)
From one world to another
You can call a taxi rank
And you can call me brother
Through a stargate
We will take a single soul or lovers
Til we find the perfect place
For them to rediscover
All the love that they once had
For life and one another
Sister acts and brotherhoods
And fathers and their mothers
When we get there we will share
Cos our love never stutters
We have been the chosen ones
The ones whose heart a flutters
I’m an interstellar taxi driver
You may think I’m dead
But I’m the last survivor
I’m an interstellar taxi driver
Come and take a trip
In my futuristic glider